Monday, August 11, 2014

August's "Make a Garment a Month" Pick

After going crazy with sewing last month, it's a relief to pick just one...or maybe two...things for my "Make a Garment a Month" regular challenge. August's theme is to do a little stash busting, so I've chosen a dress that uses a little bit more fabric than a simple skirt or top.

The first is Simplicity 2177 -- I am going to make this one because my best friend just sent me a copy of this pattern that she picked up at a sale, just because. So of course I am going to make it! Also, I have the PERFECT fabric for it, a striped sheet that I bought at the Goodwill a month or two ago. The second? The green & grey colourway will also allow me to use the remainder of the grey fabric from my July skirt-making to make the matching jacket. At least that's the plan at present!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are making this up! I've had this pattern for a while and still haven't sewn it. I'll be interested to see how it goes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that pattern before - your fabric choice will be perfect. Sometimes I use sheets from Goodwill stores as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments, ideas or suggestions here -- I am always interested in hearing from readers. It's nice to have a conversation!