Sunday, May 11, 2014

Me Made May, 2nd Update



Well, it's the end of MeMadeMay, week 2. The weather here is so changeable! I went from wearing my sweaters last week to a sundress today -- not complaining though :)

It's been fun realizing that I have plenty of choices each morning. And that there are new outfits in my closet just waiting for me to discover them. Here's the rundown for this week:

Monday: New Look 8643 skirt and a refashioned blouse that is also incidentally the first thing I ever blogged about!
Tuesday: Kwik Sew 3658 green tshirt
Wednesday:  Boo :( Sick day. Only my slippers were me-made.
Thursday: Vogue 8755
Friday: Yellow Sorbetto, never blogged -- it was my trial attempt before my first "real" one. I removed the front pleat as I didn't have enough fabric for it, and added sleeves. Decided to finish it to make it wearable.
Saturday: Recently made New Look 6217 top
Sunday: My oldest me-made item: a sundress I made 23 years ago! I only wear it around the house now, especially on warm days like today. Like when I'm hanging up the wash ;)  It's Simplicity 7177, by the way.

That's it for this week's roundup -- I had better get back to the sewing table so that I can blog about new things as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments, ideas or suggestions here -- I am always interested in hearing from readers. It's nice to have a conversation!