Saturday, November 2, 2013

MGM Garment for November


I'm excited about joining Sarah Liz SewStyle's Make a Garment a Month sewalong... although thinking that I could get something done in 2 days in October was just a WEE bit ambitious ;)

So here is my 'official' joining post. This is what I intend to make in November for this challenge:

Butterick 5923

This is the dress I wanted to make in October, I had it cut out (mostly) but didn't get to it at all. I need to recut the collar which I messed up the first time by not paying attention to the orientation of the pattern piece, and then get this one sewn! I really love the fabric and hope it will turn out properly.

Sneak peek --



Kwik Sew 4026

This looks like a nice, simple dress with the kind of clean lines that make a really fun print stand out. I've had my eye on this fabric for a while, and then it went on sale last week -- a sign! Because my first choice is already cut out, this will be my official do-it-all-in-November selection. I'm planning on making View B, with the sleeve. Hoping to get these both done before the rush begins to finish all the Christmas sewing!


2 comments:

  1. Yes, we all have these grand ideas that we can make lots in a day :) I think a month is a more realistic time frame. These are both lovely dresses and lovely fabrics, so I hope they do turn out well for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I agree. It's really too bad that there are other things besides sewing that must be done ;)

      Delete

Share your comments, ideas or suggestions here -- I am always interested in hearing from readers. It's nice to have a conversation!